- Verified the agency offers the specific health care services you need, such as nursing or therapy.
- Has staff available to provide the hours of care your doctor ordered, and can start when you need them.
- Meets your special needs, such as language or cultural preferences.
- Offers the personal care services you need, such as help bathing and dressing.
- Offers the support services you need, such as help with laundry, cooking, or shopping.
- Can help you arrange for additional services, such as Meals on Wheels.
- Has staff available at night and on weekends for emergencies.
- Is Medicare-certified.
- Will explain what your insurance covers, and what you must pay out-of-pocket.
- Does staff background checks.
- Has letters from satisfied patients, family members, and doctors.
Do you agree with this list? Are there any other things you should ask a home health agency?
To find a home health agency near you, please visit the Homecare Directory
*(List was taken from "How to find home health care thats right for you" pdf on medicare.gov)