If you are experiencing swine flu symptoms below, especially if you've travelled to Mexico in the last 7 days, see your doctor. Find an urgent care center or hospital emergency room near you.
According to the CDC, the symptoms of the swine flu (pig flu) are similar to that of the regular human flu:
3. Sore Throat
4. Body Aches
In some cases vomiting and diarrhea have been reported. Like seasonal flu, swine flu may cause a worsening of underlying chronic medical conditions.
What should you do if you think are you sick:
1. Contact your health care provider. They can will determine whether influenza testing or treatment is needed.
2. Stay home and avoid contact with others to avoid spreading the virus to others.
If you become ill and experience any of the following warning signs, you should seek emergency medical care.
For children, the warning signs that need urgent medical care:
1. Fast breathing or trouble breathing
2. Bluish skin color
3. Not drinking enough fluids
4. Not waking up or not interacting
5. Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held
6. Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough
7. Fever with a rash
For adults, the warning signs that need urgent medical care:
1. Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
2. Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
3. Sudden dizziness
5. Severe or persistent vomiting
This information comes from the Center of Disease Control and Prevention Website. They also offer a Question and Answer fact sheet and postcast which address common questions about the swine flu like:
1. What is the Swine Flu
2. Signs and Symptoms
3. How its Transmitted
4. What to do if you feel you are sick
5. How to protect yourself from getting sick
and much more, so check it out!
Need help locating a health care provider? Use our free health care provider locator tool. Our site contains quality data, user ratings, and much more.
*Information on WheretoFindCare.com is for informational purposes only. Always seek medical advice from your physician. In cases of emergency, seek care from an emergency health care provider.