Friday, July 3, 2009
Firework Safety Tips
WhereToFindCare.com wishes everyone a Happy 4th of July!
We want you to have a happy, but safe holiday. Are you going to have your own fireworks show this holiday weekend? Here are some safety tips you should consider:
1. Obey local laws. If fireworks are illegal in your area, please don't use them.
2. Never let children handle fireworks.
3. Never handle firework while under the influence of alcohol or prescription drugs that will impair your judgment.
4. Purchase fireworks from a licensed supplier. This will ensure your fireworks meet standards set by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
5. Store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
6. Only use fireworks outdoor, never indoors.
7. Use fireworks in a clear open area.
8. Don't use fireworks in windy condition.
9. Your fireworks should be set up hard and level ground.
10. Never try to fix or relight a faulty firework.
11. Have a bucket of water or a fire extinguisher nearby, just in case.
12. Light fireworks one at a time.
13. Have fun but keep everyone involved safe. Have your friends/family stand a safe distance away from the fireworks. Read all the instructions on each firework and use them as directed. Protect yourself from injury, by wearing protection, like safety glasses.