- Maintain a healthy diet and weight.
- Remain active.
- Avoid prolonged inactivity or bed rest.
- Warm up or stretch before exercising or other physical activities.
- Maintain proper posture.
- Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes.
- Sleep on a mattress of medium firmness to minimize any curve in your spine.
- Lift with your knees, keep the object close to your body, and do not twist when lifting.
- Quit smoking. Smoking impairs blood flow, resulting in oxygen and nutrient deprivation to spinal tissues.
- Work with your doctor of chiropractic to ensure that your workstation is ergonomically correct.
Interested in seeing a chiropractor? Locate one near you using our Chiropractic Center Directory.
*Information on WhereToFindCare.com is for informational purposes only. Always seek medical advice from your physician. In cases of emergency, seek care from an emergency health care provider.