If you are worried about getting the H1N1 virus, here are a few things you can do to make yourself less susceptible:
1. Be careful about what you eat: Make sure you limit your sugar intake. Stay away from soda and juices.
2. Eat less Inflammatory Foods: Inflammatory foods (beef, pork, cheese, ice cream) are not good for your immune system because they create inflammation in your body and create higher levels of the stress hormone.
3. Eat more dark green vegetables: Eating other vegetables is a great idea, but brussel sprouts, broccoli, and spinach is the best idea. These foods will really help you to stay healthy.
4. Exercise for 30-45 minutes 3-5 times a week: If you exercise in shorter and better quality work outs, you’ll actually get a better boost in your metabolism and your immune system.
5. Get plenty of sleep: 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep EVERY night is ideal. This will really help repair and regeneration within your body. If you're having trouble sleeping, consider visiting a sleep center to determine whether you have a sleep disorder.
6. Get the H1N1 flu vaccine. Locate a H1N1 flu vaccination clinic near you or contact your public health department to find out where you can obtain one.