Ask yourself the following:
- Do you eat out more than one meal a week?
- Do you eat red meat more than once a week?
- Do you eat pork often?
- Are you missing one or more servings of vegetables a day?
- Are you skipping fresh fruit as part of your daily routine?
- Do you neglect to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day?
If you answered yes to at least 1 of these questions, you may be putting yourself at risk for Diabetes, Cardiovascular disease, atherosclerosis, hypertension, and a slew of other diseases. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure holds true in cases of nutrition: by treating your body right and giving it the proper ingredients to run optimally, you can help prevent illness. For tips on how to change your diet incrementally, check out smallstep.gov