- Purchase fireworks from a licensed supplier. This will ensure your fireworks meet standards set by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Obey local laws. If fireworks are illegal in your area, please don't use them.
- Read all the instructions on each firework and use them as directed.
- Never handle fireworks while under the influence of alcohol or drugs(or anything that impairs your judgement).
- Never let children handle fireworks.
- Protect yourself from injury, by wearing protection, like safety glasses.
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
- Only use fireworks outdoors (never indoors).
- Use fireworks in a clear open area.
- Don't use fireworks in windy conditions.
- Never try to fix or relight a faulty firework.
- Have a bucket of water or a fire extinguisher nearby, just in case.
- Light fireworks one at a time.
- Have fun but keep everyone involved safe. Have your friends/family stand a safe distance away from the fireworks.
(Source: FDA ) There have been tremendous strides made in the research and development of an Artificial Pancreas Device System. On Septembe...
Thursday, June 27, 2013
June is Fireworks Safety Month
June is Fireworks Safety Month. If you're planning to do your own fireworks show for the upcoming holiday, here are 12 safety tips you should keep in mind-