What to expect:
- To use the Health Insurance Marketplace, visit HealthCare.gov
- When you use the marketplace, you'll fill out an application, see all the health plans available in your area, and then enroll in a plan. All in one central location.
- The marketplace will tell you if you qualify for free or low-cost coverage (Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program)
- You can explore all your options-compare deductibles, co-pays, premiums, and benefits-and find coverage that meets your needs and fits your budget.
- Coverage starts as soon as January 1, 2014
Some common questions
What if I have job-based insurance?
What if I have a pre-existing health condition?
How can I get lower costs on Marketplace coverage?
Do I qualify for Medicaid?