Why walk to school? Here's 7 great reasons:
- It's fun!
- It's a chance for kids (and adults) to get in physical activity.
- It's a chance to teach your children about safe walking (ie. how to cross a street, stranger danger)
- It's a chance to build relationships-bringing families, neighbors, and school officials together.
- The cost-savings. Less money spent on gas, less wear-and-tear on the roads.
- The more people walk, the less traffic congestion there is (and also less air pollution).
- The more people walk, the more it encourages local government to invest in improving pedestrian infrastructure and walking paths.
Find out if your school is participating in Walk to School Day, either by calling the school or searching on this website.