Here is their list of The Do's of Promoting Safe Sleep for Infants
- Place the baby to sleep alone in a crib or bassinet that is approved by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Place the baby to sleep on her back.
- Have a sleeping area free of blankets, stuffed animals or crib bumpers.
- Dress baby in a sleeper, and keep baby’s face uncovered.
- Take a portable crib to the babysitter and make sure they know how baby should sleep.
- Have a firm mattress with a tight fitting sheet.
Here is the list of things not to do:
- Don’t sleep with your baby in a bed, chair or couch.
- Don’t put the baby to sleep on his tummy.
- Don’t put pillows, blankets, stuffed animals or bumpers in the crib.
- Don’t allow your baby to sleep with other children or pets
- Don’t overheat your baby. Dress your baby in as much or as little clothing as you are wearing to bed
- Don’t smoke around your baby—ever.
Leading cause of accidental infant deaths: Unsafe Sleeping
3 PSA videos on safe sleep for infants
American Academy of Pediatrics explains Tummy Time